In this episode, we examine the four steps in the journey to becoming a successful content creator, especially for the podcaster.
Does “success” mean making lots of money? Some of the “newbies”
in the podosphere are making 7 figures, and there are a few who
proudly proclaim their revenues and share them online.
But, no, that may not be the measure of success.
Does “success” mean having enormous stats? Some of the
“newbies” have gazillions of downloads, subscribers, sponsors,
listens, views, audience numbers, etc.
But, no that may not be the measure of success.
According to a couple of key podcasters, the true meaning of
success lies elsewhere in “thought leadership” — but also
with the positive results both in stats and revenue streams.
This content for this episode was inspired by two podcasters,
both who have had over 10 years of experience:
(2) Chris Brogan — podcaster, blogger, author and trainer, among
many other things.
It was Paul Colligan who called myself a “luminary” over a year
ago in his podcast episode, when he described me.
It was also Chris Brogan who described the real measure of
success monetarily, but also emphasized the importance of
Together, they inspired the description of the 4-step journey
from podcaster to thought-leader (the latter being the real
measure of success, in my humble opinion, as the other
mentioned victories in the journey have either been preludes
As you will hear in this audio episode, the four steps to becoming
a “successful” CONTENT CREATOR are detailed and described as:
(1) Subject matter expert that develops into a true “luminary”;
(2) Solution-provider or problem-solver;
(3) Trusted advisor; and then,
(4) THOUGHT LEADER.
After listening to this episode, the rhetorical question for you is
“where are you in this journey today, and what is your personal
and business target in steps for your future?”
Here are some of the links from the cases-in-point and
the resources mentioned in this audio episode:
– PAUL COLLIGAN, podcaster, author & blogger at www.thepodcastreport.com
– CHRIS BROGAN, author, trainer, blogger at www.chrisbrogan.com
– SCOTT JOHNSON, podcaster at www.computertutorflorida.com
– LON NAYLOR, screencaster and podcaster and blogger at www.LearnCamtasia.com
Copyright (c) 2015, Matrix Solutions Corporation. All rights reserved.