Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In this episode, we discuss the eight major deliverables that can be incorporated to create effective Screencasts. We also describe some major software programs and tools for creating and editing the screencasts. And finally, we discuss which programs we ourselves use and why, as well as how you can improve your business by being a subject matter expert, or by offering services in screencasting for hire.
The first part reviews 8 different deliverables by creating screencasts:
1. Synchronized screen capture — that is, audio and video (used quite a bit for software demos);
2. Full-motion videos — your created content (e.g., from amateur smart phone cameras or from more sophisticated cameras);
3. Documentaries, b-roll, or other videos and video clips;
4. Powerpoint (R) presentations with synchronized audio and video animations, etc.
5. Interactivity in training with quizzes, hotspots, links, etc.
6. Video effects and animations — e.g., callouts, zooms, pans, lower thirds, more movement animations, etc.
7. Audio segments, audio clips, music, sound effects, etc.
8. Tutorials for creating courses, training, education, eLearning, etc.
We also covered some tools like PowerPoint from Microsoft,(R) as well as SnagIt and Camtasia Studio from Techsmith(R).
And finally, we shared with you which platform, tools and recording/editing software we use, and why we feel they meet our needs for marketing, sales and creating courses. We take it one step further and describe for you how these additional skills can give you an entry into Services for screencasts, or how you can create a course as a subject matter expert and market/sell it yourself.
We lastly mention the program and membership site that can help you acquire those skills from www.LearnCamtasia.com.
Select this link to listen to this audio episode in another window.
Copyright (c) 2016, Matrix Solutions Corporation. All rights reserved.