Here are some of the key points from the interview, as delivered by D’Vorah Lansky’s own Show Notes from her podcast show at www.PodcastingSuccessSecrets.com:
Screencasting and Podcasting
- Screencasting is the technology to capture what’s on your computer screen and save that as a video file.
- The 4 General Types of Content
- Audio – narrating, explaining, music, intro-outro, etc.
- Video –
- Live action – created with camera [FC note: commonly referred to as “full-motion video”]
- B-roll – old video files rolled together
- Presentation slides – sequence of slides delivered via PowerPoint or a similar software, incorporating pictures, words and animations to bring a story to life.
- Screencasting – showing people how you do something directly on your computer screen. Gives them a peek into the “back office.”
- Combining the four types of content via a software like Camtasia creates visually compelling content that tells a story and makes people feel more comfortable buying your product or using your service.
- Itunes is now displaying Video podcasts with a video symbol by it. Sometimes these podcasts are getting more attention than traditional audio only podcasts. Having audio and visual options makes your show attractive to people who like to listen as well as people who want to watch programs and increases your audience.
Fred’s Takeaway Tips for New Podcasters
- Get your Skills Up and Running
- Do It Because You Like It and Want to Have Fun
- Decide Who You Want As Mentors, Ask Them and Stick With Them
- Decide What is Your Passion and Go With It
Links to Resources Mentioned
- Fred Castaneda at New Media Expo: http://nmxlive.com/2015-lv/speakers/fred-castaneda
- New Media Expo Official Blog: http://www.blogworld.com
- Paul Colligan: http://www.paulcolligan.com/
- School of Podcasting with David Jackson: SchoolofPodcasting.com
- The Book More Podcasting Money: http://amzn.to/1LL53yA
- Camtasia: http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html
Copyright (c) 2015, D’Vorah Lansky of www.PodcastingSuccessSecrets.com and Fred Castaneda of www.SkillsInScreencastsAndPodcasts.com.